Tuesday, April 20, 2010

When I woke up the first time....

One day I just woke up and said, "That's it" BP had done so much damage and I was OVER it so I gathered up my guts and left him.
I found a cheap efficiency apartment on south 11th street which is about the crappiest neighborhood in Richmond. I had a job I liked at O' Charley's and was ready to start over.
Ya wanna know what the 2nd worst idea is when it comes to meeting guys? #1 is marrying your drug dealer, #2 is hooking up with a guy you meet on the bus. So enters CH to screw things up.
I didn't have a car at this point so I was riding the bus. One day after being single all of a month a guy sat next to me and started chatting me up. He was not even good looking, but he paid attention and it had been a while since that happened. So I started hanging with him.
Everything seemed pretty good for about 5 months. I was into him more than he deserved. Then one Friday I had pulled a double at O' Charleys and didn't have the energy to hang with him. He asked if it was OK if he went to Walker's without me and of course I said OK.
The next day I called him and he informed me he had met his soul mate at the bar and we were done, just like that. It sucked, but it was about to suck SO much worse....
On Monday I went to go to work on a day shift. I got to work and realized I was about a week late. So I decided in my infinite wisdom to go to Target and grab a pregnancy test so I wouldn't worry.
You know what sucks? Getting a positive pregnancy test 3 minutes before you have to clock in!
As always thanks for listening and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment