Monday, April 26, 2010

When I was first a drunk!

I don't think I was an actual alcoholic until 2008. I was mostly a dabbler in every thing. I didn't have a particular poison, I just liked anything that would make the world go away, even if only for a brief moment in time.
This sad story begins with BP getting into some REAL trouble. He'd been locked up quite a few times before, but this was to be a longer stretch.
You see there was a certain stupid heroin addict from Hagerstown that got busted on a possession beef. She was too much of a coward to do her 3 months in county, so she decided to wire up on half of Richmond.
My husband was just one of 54 victims. He got off lighter than most, as he only sold her weed, but still had to go to actual prison for 6 months. So there I was, no sitter, no husband, and I had no idea how I was gonna hang with the kids and responsibilities.
My number one concern was having someone to watch the kids so I could continue working. I met this guy WM through an old flame AM. We got along famously and my kids loved him to death! He needed a place to stay, I needed a sitter. Perfect, huh? At first yes, later not so much....
He was already a dyed in the wool alcoholic. I liked to tie one on sometimes but never had a serious problem. It began innocently enough, I would see him being drunk sick and feel sorry for him. I would buy him a bottle of whiskey. Soon I got to thinking, "Why am I buying this and not drinking some of it." It snuck on me, but before long I had it bad!
As I am totally honest on here if no where else, I am going to list some of the most messed up drunken behavior I have been a party to.
1.) Dropped a 32 inch television on my face not once but TWICE!
2.) Started talking to JK again
3.) Angered WM to the point that he punched a hole through my house, no not my wall, the ENTIRE house, his fist ended up on my back porch!
4.) Had to take a flask to work as I could not make it through a shift without some drinks
5.) Jumped on a Greyhound to South Carolina to be with JK (the whole nasty saga in about 2 more posts)
As always, thanks for listening and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment