Monday, June 21, 2010

They told me to go to rehab-I said yes,yes,yes

This is quite the departure for me. I usually just type these out, but now I put pen to paper. Allow me to explain why.
I am currently in Adult Inpatient Psychiatric Services at Reid. The whole mess started on Friday. I was upset over something I do not wish to speak about.
Thus began Jamie's pattern of excess. Drink till I pass out, wake up, repeat cycle. Plus in my infinite wisdom my friend offered me some Klonipans, and I took them. I was half lit by the time I got to the bar. My old friends were buying me shots of Patron left and right. I was GONE. I have a few flashed through the night, but not much.Somehow, not sure exactly how, I made it home in one piece. I was alone so at least that was a positive. I sat down by my computer and looked down to see about a fifth of vodka. Was I smart enough to call it a night? Of course not! So at roughly 3:30 AM my roommate flipped out and called 911. I was transported to Reid and when they checked, my BAC was .35. I truly should be dead right now.
I have tried over and over to quit on my own but it's never worked. My liver is hard and painful. I believe it's time to give my problem over to God.
Today was not easy but the nurses were really great and they had me on blood pressure meds and anti-anxiety pills, so that took the edge off.
Next step, figuring out the roots of my illness. Thanks for your continuing support!
As always, thanks for listening and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment