Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Jesus is burning!

Interesting day today in my neck of the woods.
I am sure that many of you have heard this but those who haven't here's a quick recap...
About a half hour from where I live there is a mid-sized town called Hamilton. Right outside of said town, there is one of those new fangled mega churches. Someone got the bright idea to build a six-story Jesus in front of it to "bring hope and inspiration." I know nothing inspires me quite like tacky roadside monuments. I have been by this monstrosity quite a few times and while it made me throw up in my mouth a bit, it never inspired me to fall to my knees and beg for forgiveness!
We have had quite a few violent thunderstorms here in the midwest the last couple of weeks or so. Last night there was a particularly nasty one.
I'm not sure if it was Satan, Thor, or Zeus, but someone decided that the mega-Jesus was due for a good smiting. A lightening bolt hit it and I watched in utter amusement on live TV as Jesus burnt to the ground.
They are now saying they are going to resurrect Jesus at the bargain price of only $700,000! If the evangelist's knew it was that cheap, Armageddon would have started years ago!
I find myself offended by this! If you are a church dedicated to helping others, don't you think the money would be better used I don't know, maybe HELPING THE POOR! They say it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God, not sure what the scriptures say about a church building a gaudy monument!
The most ironic part of this strange tale? Across the road from this monument to excess is an adult bookstore, it was untouched!
As always thanks for listening and God bless! (or 6 story Jesus bless!)

No comments:

Post a Comment