Sunday, June 6, 2010

Clawing my way back

Good news guys! I am still clean! It was a rough ass week, but somehow I made it through in one heroin-free piece!
I think my dude got sick of leaving messages, because I haven't heard back from him for almost a full day. There's one less thing to worry about.
I have spent the week at home in deep thought and meditation. It's been good for me. I have always looked at silence as the enemy, but over the weekend, it has become a trusted friend. I feel like I've found out where a few things have misfired in the old psyche, so I am kind of glad temptation was thrown in my face! I know what I am capable of now. I am capable of saying, "Hell-to-the-NO!!!!"
A nice half gram shot would be lovely right now, but I have too much to lose if I take the easy way out of this. I am over 5 months clean, and I'll be damned if I'm going to throw that away for 12 hours of forgetting. Everything will still be there when I sober up. My kids deserve better, my friends deserve better, and by God so do I!
As always, thanks for listening and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment