Thursday, September 30, 2010

OK, so I am totally screwed....

Well dear readers, as you know I had court today. Chris took half the day off so he could come with me. Guess one of his many talents is not being a good luck charm as it did NOT go well!
I got there about 5 minutes early and proceeded to sit in the hallway for the next hour. Chris said that I was shaking, all I know is that my nerves were shot all to hell. I was POSITIVE I would get a continuance as I just met my lawyer 3 frickin' days ago. It was not meant to be....
After the lawyer came out of the courtroom, he informed Chris and I that not only did I not get the continuance, the DA is sticking to the plea offer she made. I have only a few days to decide if I want to take it or not. For those of you who don't know the specifics, I was offered a year on the receiving stolen property charge, and 250 days on the probation violation. They are to be served consecutively. So with credit for good time, I will be in prison for 10 months.
I don't see any way around this sadly. If I take it to trial and am found guilty I would probably be a lot worse off. So I am going to officially be a convicted felon. This means the death of a lot of dreams. I will never be able to leave the country, I lose my right to vote, and (luckily for BP) I cannot own a gun!
Chris is being really terrific about the whole thing. Not only is he going to stand by me, he is also going to take care of the kids. I have to give him a crash course in running a household, but I am sure he's gonna do great. He is the only positive male role model the kids have ever really had, and he loves them as if they are his own.
So for now I am just going to concentrate on spending as much time with my fiancee and kids as I can and trying to mentally prepare Chris and myself for what's coming. After all, we are spending the rest of our lives together. 10 months isn't a long time in the grand scheme of things, is it?
As always, thanks for listening and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment