Saturday, September 4, 2010

The one man who could change my mind

Well dear readers, if you didn’t notice in the last post, I dumped my boyfriend’s alias. I was calling him Allan, but a good part of my followers have already met him. So what’s the point? His name is Chris and he is amazing. I absolutely have to devote one post to him, as I am giddy as a teenager. I promise after this I will try to keep your nausea to a minimum kittykats!
I’m not one to jump into the deep end about anything, particularly matters of the heart. I have had too much damage done in the past. I can’t quite put my finger on why Chris is so different, but from day one we just clicked.
My intelligence has threatened a lot of men I have dated in the past. This has been an issue for a big chunk of my life. I never mean to sound condescending. I use a lot of three dollar words when I talk, but that is my vocabulary, not me trying to belittle others. The last guy I was with hated it when I used words over three syllables. Chris is entirely different. He says my brain is a huge turn on and never gets offended by my speech. If he doesn’t understand me, he’ll just ask what a particular word means. It feels great to be able to just relax and not have a guy turn me into what he thinks I should be. I am able to fearlessly be myself with no apology necessary.
Those of you that know me on a personal level and not just the main character of this blog are aware about my feelings regarding marriage. I tried it twice and failed miserably, so I had given up on the institution altogether. You can imagine my shock last night when Chris kissed me, looked intently into my eyes and informed me, “I’m gonna marry your ass!” Perhaps it’s not the most romantic way to broach the subject and he doesn’t mean now of course, but oddly enough the idea didn’t make me uneasy.
We have a lot of obstacles we need to get through before this is even an option. My happiness right now has a nasty stormcloud hanging over it. I am referring to my court case of course. Even though BP is in prison he is still trying to ruin my life. I have been afraid that if the unthinkable happened I was going to lose Chris. I underestimated what an amazing guy he is. He does not plan on going anywhere, even if I do have to go away for a while. He always tells me that he is in for the long haul, and you know what? I believe him! There is no lie in his eyes, and he is one of the most level-headed guys I know. He is not one to lie EVER, not even a white lie to spare someone’s feelings. That level of honesty can at times hurt me, but at the same time I know he isn’t lying about the major things either.
So I guess it’s time to wait and see. I never thought I would ever say this, but he is the one man who could change my mind about marriage. Maybe the third time is the charm, and plus Jamie Martin kind of has a nice ring to it! Check back with me in a couple years and we’ll see if he actually did change my mind.
As always thanks for listening and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment