Saturday, September 4, 2010

For my Crispy

Before you I was set adrift in a sea of the blackest sorrow. Waves of desperation crashed over my head. I had heard rumors of sugar white shores, but it was far beyond my vision.
Before you I thought that emotional pain was just a part of life. I thought that happiness was a myth set to TV and music. A method of control, a belief in hope slowly dimming.
Before you I only lived from one day to the next. I sought solace and numbness as I shuffled flat-footed toward death.
Before you I scratched clawhanded at any affirmation of self-worth. I traded crushing depression for a precious few seconds of what passed as joy.
Then you arrived….
Out of nowhere, when I expected you least…. You came crashing through my walls of self preservation, letting in light that I had no idea existed outside of my childhood dreams.
You saw beauty where others had seen nothing. You loved without restraint or shame. You pulled me ashore when I was mere seconds away from ruin. You held me in your arms and whispered in my ear, “I’ll never let go.”
I won’t either.

No comments:

Post a Comment