Monday, September 27, 2010

Court update

I just got back from meeting yet ANOTHER lawyer. The Wayne county public defender's office is in complete disarray right now. This is my FOURTH lawyer so far. The bad news is that I have no cohesion in my defense thus far. The good news is that it looks like I'm gonna get yet another continuance.
It's strange to me that every lawyer I have had so far seems genuinely surprised that the case has gone as far as it has. According to the statute I have to have known the property I received was stolen. I'm sorry but I am WAY to smart to take something I knew was stolen into a pawn shop. That alone should be proof of my innocence, but what the hell do I know?
So I am in a strange position here kittykats. My lawyer thinks he might be able to get me house arrest due to the fact that my son is disabled and there is not really anyone else to take care of him. Chris said that he would be happy to, but I hate to ask him to do that. That's a lot of pressure!
If I take house arrest I am going to have to enter a guilty plea and therefore I will be a convicted felon. I hate to lie like that and say I did it when I did not. At the same time if I take the case to trial and am found guilty it could turn out a LOT worse! So I am in a no win situation!
One thing that I am so grateful for is Chris. He says that no matter what happens in this sorry situation he is going to stand by me. That was my #1 fear-losing him! He's a hell of a man!
As always thanks for listening and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment