Friday, September 24, 2010

Hell freezes over....

OK so I just made a liar out of myself, and I couldn't be happier about it. For those of you that have been hiding under a rock or are not my facebook friends, I am officially engaged.
Chris and I had talked about it for a while, but just talked. Monday night we're cuddling in bed and he looks at me and says, "Jamie Brady Petitt, will you marry me?" Of course being the person I am the response was, "HELL YEAH!" Typical Jamie....
I know, I know, I have railed against the institution of marriage due to bad experiences. The times I got married before were for all the wrong reasons, so I am more to blame than marriage itself. This time around I don't have that little voice in my head saying, "DON'T DO IT!" Plus it's going to be a nice long engagement. I want to be sure I'm sure, and that he is as well.
Of course it still bothers the hell out of me that my LBGT brothers and sisters cannot marry. I feel like my refusal to do it myself will do nothing to help our cause. Why should I deprive Chris because of one of my convictions?
So finally after all this time my road has led me to something amazing. If I trace it all back, several of the most painful experiences over the last few months had to happen to lead me to him. As I always say: you have to take every step on your road, whether good or ill, to lead you to where you are today!
As always thanks for listening and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment