Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mending Fences

I had a great surprise yesterday guys! I got to make up with one of my good friends and I buried the hatchet after the stupidest feud in history!
My longtime readers need no reminder of the guy before Crispy and all the crap that happened. Well this old friend LW was the kick in the ass that I needed to move on. At the time it didn't seem like such a good thing.
One Friday last summer I spent the evening with the last guy (who I shall refer to as Stupid), we had been hanging out for a few months and I was under the mistaken impression that although we were not officially "together", we at least weren't sleeping with other people.
The next night we were both at E street pub watching a band play and LW showed up. It was great because she had moved across the country and I hadn't seen her forever! We had some drinks and were basically having a blast.
The night drew to a close and to my horror LW went home with Stupid. I gritted my teeth and remembered that he hadn't made any promises.
The night after that LW and I went to Mac's Place to sing karaoke. I was a bit sore, but I tried to have fun and enjoy seeing my old friend. She drug me into the bathroom and asked my permission to hook up with Stupid again. I guess it was nice of her to ask, albeit a bit awkward. I had talked to her about Stupid and how much I cared for him the whole time I had been seeing him.
So they started to talk about starting a relationship immediately. I had wasted all this time with Stupid and within 2 days he was "falling in love." Guess who he talked to about it? You guessed it!
So I fumed and got madder and madder the longer it went on. I thought it was a serious violation of girl code, so I let my mouth run away from me while talking to a mutual friend. Of course it got back to her, we defriended each other and didn't speak forever.
Yesterday I got to thinking about how she actually did me a favor. She made me see what a massive waste of time Stupid was. I might still be being used and miserable if she hadn't opened my eyes. After splitting with Stupid I told him he needed to hook me up with someone if he was done with me. I meant it as a joke, but 2 days later I got a phone call out of the blue. It was Crispy, and here I am today.
So I sent a heartfelt apology and she accepted it! We agreed never to fight like that again, especially over a douchebag like Stupid! True friends are too rare to throw away over a piece of ass! Especially one that in hindsight wasn't that great anyway....
As always, thanks for listening and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment