Saturday, July 3, 2010

My First 21st Century Breakup

Well I did the one thing I swore I would never do. I ended a relationship online. This was not my intention, so please bear with me!
I realized after seeing this guy for a couple of weeks that as far as our life lines went, we were on TOTALLY different paths. I could tell he wanted a wife, kids, the whole 9 yards! These are things I cannot provide. So I thought the gentlest thing to do would be to cut things off before it was too late. He would have been hurt in the end and I thought I was being kind by ending it now.
I probably made an error in how I timed things. the first thing I did was change my fb status to single. He saw it ASAP and asked me what was up. I asked him to give me a few minutes to explain myself via email. Do you think that happened? Before 10 minutes had passed there were posts all over my wall, some of which were petty and mean.
So now we are doing the silent treatment. I am not going to get upset over wanting what is best for my kids and myself. At the end of the day, if it is not good for my terrible twosome, I am not going there! If it hurts another I am deeply sorry, but my kids will ALWAYS come first! Is a few minutes too much to ask?
As always, thanks for listening and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment