Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cannot sleep, therefore I write!

Well my spirits keep rising and rising. Maybe I am a wee bit manic right now, but it happens, and it gives me a great chance to catch up on housecleaning and writing.
I hope this is not the case, I am REALLY hoping it's my brain getting right. I have also been able to help a couple of people with some problems so that always makes me feel good. Tonight I would like to talk about one of these people because I hope he NEVER gives up.
We'll just call him Jr. because even initials might violate his privacy. He is a young guy who is just starting in the AA program. He is just a baby in my eyes, but has already dealt with a lifetime of trauma. I can't even tell you the obstacles this kid has overcome. Wish I could but again, privacy!
I admire him so much because despite his youth he has already realized he has a problem. He has tried to quit before with little success, but he keeps trying regardless. WOW, can I ever relate to that?!
I guess my point is this, whether you are 18, 33, or 80 it is never too late to give yourself up as a lost cause. I cannot surrender to what life has thrown at me. So I've had it a bit tough, everyone has their own demons to overcome. Hearing other people's stories gives me hope. I think there is a happy ending out there for each of us. It just might take a while and a few wrong turns to get there! When I feel like giving up, I just look at my beautiful children and know I will be OK, if only for their sake!
For now, my road is going in the right direction, and I am thankful for that!
As always, thanks for listening and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment