Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A MUCH better day today!

Apparently I scared some people yesterday with my post, sorry guys, not my intention.
I think what has been going on in my head is the whole being sober thing. This is the longest stretch I have had in a while. I am no expert but I think I am going to parrot something back to myself that I used to say to my husband when he was at his worst.
It has been so long since I have thought clearly that feeling sober is COMPLETELY abnormal to me. They say that your brain chemistry becomes altered after you abuse your body so much. The first couple of weeks were awful. The good news is that every day when I wake up I feel a little bit better, and a little bit more positive. I hope that this trend continues.
I have not updated anyone on the kiddos lately, but they are doing great! Brayden is going to summer school every day to improve his reading skills. He enjoys it most of the time and I am hopeful that he will be ready to start second grade next month.
Allison is still as rotten as ever, but has improved her listening skills quite a bit this summer. I swear sometimes she has the attention span of a gnat!
I do not deserve all that has been given to me, but I am grateful for it anyways. Even through the hard times my little family has remained close. This is something that I never had growing up, so it's important that my kids have it!
Still here, still sober, still standing, and staying strong!
As always, thanks for listening and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment