Friday, July 9, 2010

A bit of luck at last!!!

Well readers, my court case is grinding slowly through our legal system. As much as I wish it would just vanish between court dates, the pesky bastard sticks around.
Everyone I have talked to regarding my case believes my innocence as whole-heartedly as I do. I hope when the time comes things will be resolved in the way they should be. Yesterday things took a BIG step in the right direction.
My first public defender quit the PD office so they assigned me another from the pool. Kemp is a pretty good lawyer, so I was excited about that.
I had a pretrial yesterday. all those are (for any readers lucky enough to be unfamiliar) is a date to go to the judge before your trial and let him know what progress is being made. The process was restarting for me due to the lawyer thing of course, so I am on borrowed time right now!
Well when I got there I was informed that they were changing my lawyer AGAIN! A lawyer with a private practice here in Richmond decided to take a few cases to help out and they picked mine as one of them. This is an INCREDIBLE stroke of good luck. This lawyer is very expensive which equals very good! I am hoping he will know how to prove my innocence in this so I can finally move on. It feels a bit strange to have the last connection I have with my husband be a court case, but LIFE is strange sometimes, isn't it?
As always, thanks for listening and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment