Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Night From Hell-Part 2

Well kittykats, I am bit short on sleep as I'm sure you can imagine.

I was just starting to get cheered up a bit last night. Thanks for all the outpouring of love by the way, I am overwhelmed! I was listening to bad music at top volume just because I could, then I heard the thud of heavy boots coming up the stairs. Crap, Chris had come back.

It wasn't pretty. He was drunk beyond anything I have ever seen. He had gone to the neighbor's house a swilled God knows how much whiskey. I just stared in horror as he bumped into walls in a futile attempt to get into the bed. Of course I asked him what the hell he was doing here and he seemed genuinely confused. He said he lived here. I told him he doesn't anymore.

Then came the drunken slurring insults. Gems like, "I never loved you and the kids" and "Your son is a retard." The last one pushed all of my anger from the night over the edge. Brayden is autistic, not retarded and it's NOT his fault! So I went all redneck and punched him. No one talks about my kids like that unless they have a death wish. So I hit him as hard as I could and I think I broke my hand in the process. I am typing this one-handed.

He is still asleep about 5 feet away from me right now. I have no idea what is going to happen when he wakes up. He didn't go to work today.

This person I have seen in the last few days is NOT Chris! He is a good man and I have no idea what is going on with him. I think talking would help, but it takes two to carry on a conversation. I guess we'll see. Thunder is rolling in the background and the sky is as slate grey as my mood right now.

As always, thanks for listening and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment