Tuesday, November 2, 2010

One year!

Well kittykats, I have been slacking as of late on the writing front. Sylvia Plath syndrome again!
Tomorrow is the big day. It will be one year since I last stuck a needle in my arm. It completely blows my mind how much has changed in that time! Oddly enough being clean has been harder this last week than it has been in a long time. I think that maybe the anniversary has brought it to the forefront of my mind.
Then I look down at my arms. I don't see a single track mark, and my arms used to be utterly riddled with them. I think that is something worth preserving! Not to mention the second Chris sees something suspect, he would be out the door. I finally found the one, no way am I jeopardizing that!
In the year I have been clean I have had 16 old friends go to prison on drug related charges and 4 friends pay the ultimate price. Not to mention all the lives that are still in the toilet due to addiction. To my readers who are still struggling, it IS doable! I quit cold turkey and seriously wished for death in the beginning, but I made it. Methadone and Suboxone are not the answer, trading one thing for another does not make anyone better!
Thanks for all your help the past year! As always thanks for listening and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment